Friday, August 26, 2011

Do you ever feel that you were born to the wrong family, wrong area, wrong time period? Well that last one, of all those things, I feel the most. I love the 60's.

"Dearest, though you're the nearest to my heart
Please don't ever ummm yeah ever say we'll part
You scold, and you are so bold
Yes together ummm yeah our love will grow old
Ummm yeah our love will grow old


You may-ay-ay-ay be a million miles away
Please believe me ummm yeah when you hear me say
I love you, I love you


Come ho-o-o-ome, keep me from these sleepless nights
Try my love again ummm yeah
I'm gonna treat you right, ummm yeah, I'm gonna treat you right"
Listening to Buddy Holly sing this, I feel as though he sings it to me. The quality of the music, you can hear the difference in the recording systems and for me, it just takes me back, back to the days where pedophiles and kidnappers were the least of everyones worries, back when children rode their backs around the block and played kick the can and hopscotch, back when life was more simple and wonderful. I desire so badly to go back there. 


P.S. I tag this with nostalgia, even though its not my own nostalgia, I still claim it...



No comments:

Post a Comment